To: 5th and 6th Grade Boys at SES and SMS
Subject: Traveling Boys Basketball Team for Winter 2017-2018
Primary Tryouts will be held on October 16th at 5:30 p.m. to 7:30pm in the SHS Gym.
Secondary Tryouts will be held on October 17th 5:30pm to 7:30pm in the SES.
There will be a maximum of 16 players per grade level. We will have an A and B team for both 5th and 6th grades.
For those who make the team, the first practice will be October 19th 5:30pm to 7:30pm @ SES gym for 5th and 6th grade together. There will be a parent meeting following the first practice at 7:30pm.
If your child should not make the team, the Future Redskins basketball program is an additional opportunity to gain basketball skills.
The purpose of organizing the team is to prepare the boys for the school-sponsored middle school basketball program. The focus will be on basketball fundamentals, basketball rules, team play, and learning to play in games. Josh Bushue & Jason Moody (6th grade) and Chad Watkins & Chris Dalby (5th grade) have generously offered their time to run practices and games.
- The program is not sponsored by the school.
- We will practice in the school gyms (working around school program practices) approximately 2-3 times per week
- Generally, 5th grade will practice from 5:30pm to 7pm and 6th will practice 7pm to 8:30pm. .
- We have scheduled games (home and away) with other area towns. Generally, we will play 2 to 3 games per week (Saturdays included) through the end of January.
- There is a minimal fee of $25 per child to help pay for the officials, tournament costs and equipment. Parents are expected to volunteer for at least one game to take money at the door and/or run concessions.
Please contact me to let me know if you are interested but will not be able to attend the meeting on Tuesday:
- Call/text: 217-433-4842
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Head Varsity Basketball Coach)
Image Provided by: clipartxtras.com